SBIRT is a comprehensive, integrated, public health approach for early identification and intervention with students whose patterns of alcohol and/or drug use put their health at risk. Winthrop Public Schools students in 7th and 9th grades will be screened during the 2017-18 academic year.
- 7 Ways to Protect your Teen from Underage Alcohol Use (attached)
- Underage Drinking Prevention Resources from SAMSHA (https://www.samhsa.gov/underage-drinking/parent-resources)
- Marijuana Talk Kit ( https://drugfree.org/article/how-to-talk-about-marijuana/ )
- Surgeon General’s E-Cigarette Resources (https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/)
- CDC E Cigarette Resources ( https://www.cdc.gov/features/ecigarettes-young-people/index.html)