Be a good citizen
- Respect all rules in school and outside.
- Excel at family, academics and athletics.
- Respect teammates, coaches, opponents.
Athletics is a Privilege
- Athletics is a privilege! It is not a student’s right to participate.
- Payment of user fee does not ensure playing time.
- Coaching staff of each sport has the responsibility for selecting Members of Team, Level of Play, Playing Time.
- Student-Athletes must follow all MIAA & WHS Rules
Coach Expectations of Student-Athletes
- Will communicate Philosophy and Team Rules.
- Will treat all student-athletes with respect.
- Will provide a safe practice/game environment.
- Will provide strong training to improve ability & fitness level.
- Will communicate what your role is on the team and how you can improve.
Appropriate Concerns to Discuss with a Coach
- Treatment of your child mentally and physically.
- Any issues that coach should know outside of school/athletics.
- Ways your son/daughter can improve.
- Concerns about son/daughter behavior and/or academics.
Inappropriate Concerns to discuss with a Coach
- Other Student-Athletes
- Team Strategy
- Play Calling
- Playing Time
- Chain of Command
When Issues Arise
- Student contacts coach.
- Parent contacts coach.
- Parent contacts Athletic Director.
- Parent contacts AD & Principal
- Be respectful
- Be loud
- Support your friends