Winthrop Public Schools
Title I Program
Julie Fotiades, Title I Coordinator
Parent Involvement Policy
With the understanding that parents are a critical part of a student’s success in school, the Winthrop Public School District offers the following as its Title I Parent Involvement Policy.
- Communication between school and home is a priority.
- Parents will be informed about their child’s program, invited to participate in their child’s education, and offered training and assistance through workshops and parent conferences.
- Parents of Title I students, along with all school families, are encouraged to participate in the school PTO, School Site Council, and all aspects of our schools.
- Title I teachers will join the classroom teacher for parent conferences to provide feedback about each Title I student’s program and progress.
- Parents may request to meet with their child’s Title I teacher for individual conferences.
- Parents, Title I teachers, classroom teachers and students will sign a Home-School Compact. This document is an agreement between all parties to work towards the highest educational standard for each student.
- Parents will be informed of their child’s progress and/or needs, and will be provided with pertinent information about opportunities and participation in Title I Program decisions.